June 19, 2009

Somebody Stop Me!

Actually, please don't stop me. I have been on a creative spree and I am hoping to get every idea created before they run out! Although I make/paint a lot things I don't usually keep them. I either give them away or sell them. This is my latest creation and I am very excited about how it turned out. I don't think the pictures do this creation justice, but I am a little biased. I can't wait for my hubby to get home and hang them. This is the whole collection that is supposed to act as one. I have taken individual pictures of them all. Some of them don't photograph well, but you can always click on them and make them bigger.
This one uses a stamped image from Stampin' Up!'s Dare to be Fabulous. I first painted the canvas green. Then I stamped it in white craft ink and embossed with white embossing powder. Last, I lightly dry brushed brown on it until I got the look I was going for. On all the ones that I embossed I wiped off the images with a damp paper towel. If you wait too long it won't come off.


I painted this red and then stamped it with Stampin' Up!'s Pick a Petal in craft white ink. After it dried I dry brushed brown on the edges. The ink did smear a little so I should have embossed this one as well. I shaped some silver crafting wire to outline the petals. Last, I added the giant button.

Here is a side view to give you a closer look. This one might be my favorite one.

I painted this yellow. Then I dry brushed brown on the top and bottom. Then I used Stampin' Up!'s Upsy Daisy set with basic brown ink. It is very hard to stamp on canvas and get a crisp image. I still like this one though.


This is actually the first one I made. I painted it brown. Then I clear embossed the Dare to be Fabulous flower. I dry brushed the yellow on top. I went back over some of the yellow with brown until I got the streaking the way I wanted it. This looks really cool in real life.


This one didn't photograph well at all! I painted it orange, clear embossed the Dare to be Fabulous flower, then dry brushed with brown.


I used the Stampin' Up! Sizzix leaves die to mask the canvas. I painted the canvas orange. Next, I used the two way glue pen to make a temporary adhesive on the leaves (let the glue dry from blue to clear to make it temporary). I dry brushed with brown. Then I added some random buttons.

This one is painted green then stamped with a leaf using basic brown ink. I used Stampin' Up!'s Best Blossoms set. Then I dry brushed brown around the edges and randomly in the middle. Last, I added the random buttons.


This one is painted green and dry brushed brown. I simply added these three wooden buttons. I tried to use elements that would tie it all together. For example, I used buttons on four of the canvases, I used the same flower on three of them, and clearly the color scheme pulls it all together.


This one is painted red then stamped using yellow paint. Then I came back with the brown dry brushing in a crosshatching kind of pattern. I think it is hard to be precise when using paint to stamp. I like the kind of worn look it has though.



I hope you enjoy my art. If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Sheri

5 comments:

  1. Wow Sheri, these are awesome. What size are they individually? I can kind of imagine cause I know what size the stamps are, but I was just curious.
    You are such a arteeest!!!

    Hugs,
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri, Those pictures are super. What fun you had. Those are keepers. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete