June 29, 2009

I Am Alive And Well!







My boys are on summer vacation and that means less creative time for me. I don't mind though. They have such a short break from school because they are on the year round schedule. I feel like I need to spend as much time as possible with them, especially since my "baby" will be starting kindergarten. I didn't share my Father's Day cards with you or anyone else for that matter. I made these way in advance and they are still sitting with the rest of my cards that haven't been sent. I guess I will justify by saying I didn't even make Mother's Day cards so I wouldn't want the mom's in my life to feel slighted. That's my story and I'm stickin to it! I guess I am ultra prepared for next year. The beauty of it is that I am certain their memories are as good as mine and they won't remember seeing these and it will still be a surprise next year. LOL!
I love the look of using the kraft paper and using my white inkpad to "dirty" the edges. These cards were super simple, but it's kind of hard to use embellishments on manly cards. My brother is a bit of a wise guy...not sure where he gets it...anyway. I said something about stamping something for my dad. I told him it was going to be manly and his response was yeah, cuz stamps have manly written all over them.
Well, if I get the manly projected completed tomorrow, I will post it.
Enjoy your summer and stay cool!
Sheri



No comments:

Post a Comment