May 22, 2009

New VBS Decoration Pictures...

Without all the chatter! There are awesome lily pads that I asked a volunteer to make. I gave her free reign and was expecting much, much less (because I had asked for much less and I have been working on stuff for months and months and am out of energy and ideas). They are great! She is even painting ceramic frogs to sit on them and hold the flowers up. I love it when I ask someone to do something and they make it so much more than I could ever imagine.
There is one of the boats sitting by some cypress stumps.

Here is a Bait shop. The sign is being finished. Then we will need to actually adhere the roof and add moss and critters. The dock standing against the shack will be in front of it.


Yes, we added netting to the wings. They will eventually get really big google eyes as well.



This, my friends, is one of the best dumpster diving finds yet! Actually, it wasn't in the dumpster. I was at the local grocery store in January standing there staring at the Frito-Lay chip display. I think I was staring a little too long and made the vendor setting them up a little nervous. He asked if he could help me, next thing I know, the gentleman is helping me load two of these babies into my van. There was some corn and potatoes on them and we just added a little paint to cover them. They are going to be filled with baskets of fish, nets, worm cans, and maybe even some Cajun food. I will take pictures when they are completed. Next time you go to the grocery store see if you recognize the chip display disguised as a fish crate thingy.

Enjoy!
Sheri


No comments:

Post a Comment