April 7, 2009

Watercoloring With Markers

Just tried another new technique and loved how much fun it was. I used markers and water colored the image. I just put a little color down and used a small brush with a little bit of water to spread the ink. I dipped my brush in the water and dabbed it off on a paper towel before spreading the color. If you want the color to be darker you can add more color after the area dries. This technique apparently only works well on watercolor paper or so I'm told. I haven't actually tried it on any other paper. I wanted to add some sparkle, but ran out of time.

Designer paper is awesome for creating quick cards. This one actually came together rather quickly. Believe it or not most of my cards take around an hour or more to make. It's a good thing I don't get paid by the hour or my employer would be losing money ;)

Don't you love the stamp? Michael's recently had some new cupcake stamps in their dollar section so I "had" to get some. I am pretty certain they know me by name! Oh and don't worry, I am almost out of bottle caps so I can find a different embellishment to overuse.

Have a fantastic Tuesday! I have a friend coming over to stamp today. We don't have an agenda, but I should have something new to share tomorrow.

Stamps: Studio G dollar stamps from Michael's
Ink: Stazon black, markers (water based)
Paper: Stampin' Up! Baha Breeze, dp from a JoAnn's pad
Accessories: EK Success punch, bottle cap flattened with cuttlebug

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment