October 8, 2009

I Can See Clearly Now...

Acetate (clear) cards are all the rage these days. OK maybe not all the rage, but they are pretty cool and fun. I made these two last night. The Halloween one was just for fun. The snowflake and tree one is similar to one we will be making in my upcoming 5-5-10 Christmas card class. We will be making 5 cards with 5 envelopes for $10. If you would be interested in attending one of my classes, let me know. There will be one on October 23 from 6:30-8:30 pm. The same class will be repeated on October 26 from 9:00-11:00 am. I still have a few spots open, but need to know by the 18th if you want to join.

My Stampin' Up! website has been set up and it ready to take online orders. I am trying to keep it current with my upcoming classes and events so check back often. There are quite a few specials going on right now.

Onto card details. The Halloween one uses 2 retired sets: Bitty Boo's and Booglie Eyes. The other one uses the set Snow Swirled. I used stazon for stamping directly onto the window sheets. It dries quickly, but you have to be careful so it doesn't smear. The tree part was actually a leftover piece from my workshop. I demonstrated the technique (rubbing) alcohol inks. I couldn't let the piece go to waste.

Clear cards are hard to photograph well.
The kids are on fall break so I must devote some time to them and some time to house duties.
Have a great day and enjoy the weather!
Sheri

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested in the 10/23 class...do you still have space?

    ReplyDelete