August 24, 2009

Sorry To Leave You Hangin'

It's OK to give a recipe without a picture, but not a picture without a recipe. I had several requests for the recipe for the Apple Streusal with Cranberry Muffins. So here it is:

BATTER:
5 1/4 cups flour
6 teaspoons baking powder
6 teaspoons cinnamon
3 dashes salt
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
1 (8 oz.) jar applesauce
3 apples, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
1 cup oil
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries

STREUSAL:
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
1 cup brown sugar, packed
6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or line with liners. In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl mix egg, sugar, applesauce, apples and oil. Add the dry ingredients mixture and stir just until moistened. Mix in cranberries. Fill tins 2/3 full of batter. For the streusal topping mix all the ingredients and sprinkle over the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen.

Cook's note: if you fill the tins too full with batter the streusal topping will run all over the tin and burn and make more clean up. Someone told me about that once ;)






I am starting to feel a little anxiety because I haven't been crafting and I am running out of past cards to share. Maybe I should feel motivated instead and get craftin'! These are two more cards I made this summer. I actually made three using this stamp and paper but I gave the third one away before I photographed it. I know it's crazy, I actually gave one away. Of course, I didn't have to address an envelope and take it to the mailbox. I just had to hand it over.
The stamp is from the dollar section at Michael's. The paper is from my stash and it comes from one of those big stacks from JoAnn's. I just used markers and an aqua painter to color the image. They are stamped on watercolor paper with Stazon black ink. I used a little grey shadow to ground the image.

Ah, group hug! Here they are posing together.


Have an awesome Monday! I am off to clean house since it is sooooo much more fun than crafting (hey, I am just trying to convince myself).
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment