August 28, 2009

Birthday Cards And A Favor.

Is a party favor a "thank you for coming to my party?" That's what I think it is. I wanted to make that point. The tag says, "thank you so much." The image is stamped on watercolor paper and colored with markers. Then I put a light layer of some glittery watercolor pigment over the top. I am quite certain there was not one kindergartner that noticed the shimmer (or the cupcake for that matter), but it was so nice to sit and craft for a few hours. The bags were run through the cuttlebug for an embossed look. They are filled with some candy. I believe in mostly clutter free gifts.
Here is the basket with all 28 favor bags I made.

This side view is supposed to show how I popped a couple of the gifts up for added dimension. There is also some of that shimmery watercolor paint. I think it is from Pearl-Ex, but I am not certain.


I made two cards. The one with the green base was for my five year old. The other one is for a girl in his class that is having a party. The colors are the only difference. My boys have a greater appreciation for homemade gifts and cards than most children their ages. I know it's because they are being raised by a crafter and know how much time and love is put into each one. They also love making cards and crafts themselves. When he opened his card he made a comment about how cute he thought it was. What a sweetheart!
Have a wonderful weekend! With any luck my hubby will help me give my blog a facelift...honey...if you're out there, this is a really big hint;)
Sheri



1 comment: