May 14, 2009

Very Busy Productive Day


















With not much proof! There were six of us that worked from 9am-3pm and made tons of progress for VBS. We made 30 or so worm cans, traced 10 or more characters, made 4 more grass panels, painted 3 shacks, painted 4 pylons, and painted 7 paper mache bobbers. I took a set of pictures of us working and then had to rush home to get the boys after school and didn't get any pictures of the finished products. One of my friends painted this Jacque Le Croc and welcome sign, plus another Crocodile Dock sign that she took home and I didn't yet get a picture. She is an amazing painter! The characters in black and white will be cut out and adhered to plastic table cloths. The are going to be in comic strip form. This is a project that can be done quickly and inexpensively and add a wow factor. In case you are wondering, I got the large sheets of white cardboard from Costco. They have them in between the toilet paper and paper towel stacks. They just throw them away. So every time I go there I get some. I needed 25 total. I can't believe I only have 3 more weeks before VBS is here. I am getting a little nervous! I have been procrastinating this year, way more so than most, and it has actually worked in my favor a few times. I had put off ordering some stuff and a parishioner came through and bought a lot of stuff for us. I had put off buying paint and another parishioner that works for a home builder came through with a lot of paint (you can see some of it in the outside picture). I only had to supplement with a few colors. I put off doing a lot of the work that the six of plowed through yesterday. I know it will all come together in the end...it always does, and hey with the adrenaline rush I have going because of the stress I might just lose some weight! Enjoy the pictures and have a great day!

Sheri






1 comment:

  1. Hi Sheri,
    I would love to talk to you more about VBS. I love the pictures that you've posted and your talents are amazing! I don't have your email address or phone number, so please send me an email with both when you have a free moment, and let me know when it's best to contact you. Our VBS team plans to meet next week for more decorating/planning, so I hope we can talk before then. You've really been working hard and I love what you've done. Looking forward to talking to you! Kim kim@cranky-writer.com

    ReplyDelete