March 26, 2009

Monkeying Around...

With some new products and techniques. Remember yesterday I said I was trying some new products. Well, bear with me because these are examples of my first attempts. I will start with the monkey on the tire. I completely assembled the card. I thought it was pretty cute, but I wanted to add just one more element. Then I remembered that I had bought some flocking a while back and had never tried it. So I decided to add it to the monkey. First of all, I don't think I used the right kind of glue. Second, it's generally wise to try something new on a scratch piece of paper or at the very least on an unassembled card. I think with some practice and the right glue flocking has potential.



Now, the monkey amongst the leaves...I used the Pearl-Ex without first water coloring. It's kind of see through and not so fabulous. There again, trying something new. I figure as long as I am learning everything will work out. I am a little particular most of the time, but I am giving these ones away. They are going to little boys who are celebrating their birthdays this week. I'm about 98% certain that neither one of them are going to say "Mrs. Smith, I think you need to practice your flocking before making me a card." In fact, I'm pretty certain they won't even realize I made the cards. Although, they might think one of my boys colored them.

Stamps: Stampendous! Changito tire swing, Changito safari, clear rubber stamp from Michael's dollar spot for the greetings.

Paper: 70% recycled pad from JoAnn's that I just can't get enough of, kraft cardstock, chocolate chip,

Ink: Basic brown, watercolor pencils, pearl-ex

Accessories: brads, white gel pen, paper piercer, dimensionals, fun flock


Have a fabulous day and thanks for sharing it with me!
Sheri

1 comment:

  1. I love the monkey in the tire swing!!! What the flock!

    ReplyDelete