September 14, 2009

Postin' On The Run!

Just when I think my week is going to be fairly calm, I remember all the house work that got neglected last week in the busyness. However, I couldn't possibly let you all down again. So I took just a little break to make this fun little card and three little friends to go with him. I pretty much copied one from the current SU! catalog. I changed a few elements, though. I used some new in colors: rich razzleberry, melon mambo, and crushed curry. I also used old olive and white craft ink. I used a fun sparkly ribbon I had on hand. I used a SU! punch to give the greeting some dimension. I might have also used it to cover up a crooked greeting.

I know I have mentioned it before, but I really like the shabby chic look. I was trying to make a shabby chic card in the gift set I posted last week, but I had to get creative. I had lost my "shabby chic'er" aka bone folder. I had the idea planted in my head that one of the short people around here may have borrowed it and forgot to return it. I don't like to be the one that accuses someone and then feels foolish when I find it some random place that I know I put it. I have a child that frequently, adamantly insists someone took a toy or loved item, and it almost always is exactly where he left it. What a fantastic learning opportunity. My kids teach me so much. My beloved bone folder made an appearance today, and I am so glad I didn't fuss at anyone over it because I am quite certain none of my children were in my rolling scrap bin.

The stamp set I used is called For All You Do. I got it in my Stampin' Up! starter kit. Speaking of which, I will have my first workshop/open house on October 2. I will be having a discount for orders placed that day and prior to that day. I will give you more details soon so get your wish lists gathered!

Have a crafty day!
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment